Question Asked by Becki K: Could the odor coming from my Septic Tank be making me sick?
I’ve had flu like symptoms (nausiea, vomiting, diarrhea) three times in the past three weeks. Recently, our basement started to smell like raw sewage and the landlord said that the Septic Tank needed to be emptied out. Could this be the cause of my flu-like smptoms?
Answer by duval
Many times there is a floor drain in the basement and the water seal in the trap dries up and allows sewer gas from the septic tank to enter the basement. Regularly pouring some water into the drain restores the water seal in the trap under the drain and solves the problem. Yes sewer gas can be the cause of your flu like symptoms.
Give your answer to this question below!
Incoming Search Terms:
- can sewer gas make you sick
- can the smell of sewage make you sick
- can septic smell make you sick
- do septic tanks make some people sick?
- how fast can the smell of sewage make me feel sick
- I smell sewer in my house will this make me sick?
- septic tank fumes make you sick
- sewer gas flu symptoms
- sewer odor in my house making me sick
- smell in house making me sick
- smell ofbacked up septic making me sick
- will septic fumes make you sick
- could sewage fumes cause pneumonia
- can you get sick breathing septic fumes
- can a open sewer tank make you sick?
- can a person get sick from indoor septic smell
- can a septic system make you sick
- can basement sewer gas smell make you sick
- can grey water smell make you sick
- can I get sick from sewage smell in my house