Question Asked by Becki K: Could the odor coming from my Septic Tank be making me sick?
I’ve had flu like symptoms (nausiea, vomiting, diarrhea) three times in the past three weeks. Recently, our basement started to smell like raw sewage and the landlord said that the Septic Tank needed to be emptied out. Could this be the cause of my flu-like smptoms?
Answer by duval
Many times there is a floor drain in the basement and the water seal in the trap dries up and allows sewer gas from the septic tank to enter the basement. Regularly pouring some water into the drain restores the water seal in the trap under the drain and solves the problem. Yes sewer gas can be the cause of your flu like symptoms.
Give your answer to this question below!
Incoming Search Terms:
- can the smell of sewage make you sick
- can sewer gas make you sick
- can septic smell make you sick
- what does septic tank smell like
- septic tank problems that cause people sick
- sewer gas flu symptoms
- sewer odor in my house making me sick
- sick from septic tank
- will septic fumes make you sick
- smell from septic system make you sick
- smell in house making me sick
- septic fumes can make you sick
- can you get sick from septic fumes
- can a septic system make you sick
- can basement sewer gas smell make you sick
- can fumes from septic tank make you sick
- can septic fumes in the house make you sick
- can sewer gas make me sick
- can sewer will sewer gas make you sick
- can smell of septic in house make you sick