Question Asked by : Do I need to worry about planting a crape myrtle tree too close to septic system, because of roots?
I know some trees you need to worry about the root system growing into drain fields. I’m not sure if a crape myrtle is 1 of those type of trees. Need to know how large the root system gets.
Answer by fluffernut
You are pretty safe. You have to watch the larger trees such as willows. Crape myrtle is not a large tree.
Another concern is if you have a water softener. The salt discharge is hard on plants that enter the leach field. I’m assuming you are talking about the field, not the septic tank. Generally avoid trees, large shrubs or parking cars or other heavy stuff on the septic tank.
Answer by meanolmaw
what kind of crape myrtle?…. not that I’d ever let one get that close to my drain field…. but…if you have miniatures, the best they can do is about four ft…… but if you have a tree type, like the Natchez, you’re looking at a twenty ft tree and those roots will TRAVEL!!…. all the septic websites tell you, “nothing but grass over a drain field..”… and on the edges of the field, you should avoid those large plants with big root systems… small shallow roots, like with some shrubs might be okay, but trees are notorious for causing problems down the line as they mature….
Answer by Nadja
You can try here for more info with that.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- how far to plant crepe myrtles from septic tank
- crape myrtle near septic leach fields
- will a myrtle trees roots affect my leach field
- crepe myrtle trees and gas lines
- can crape myrtles roots harm my septic line
- crape myrtle tree and drain field
- how close to a gas line can you plant a crepe myrtle tree
- How close should you plant crape myrtles
- how close can you plant a crape myrtle to a septic field
- how close to the spetic system can i plant crepe myrte
- how close to well can I plant crepe myrtle
- how far away from septicf field for grapevines how far away to plant grapevines from septic field
- how close can I plant near a water line
- is a crepe mrytle safe to plant near a septic
- is there a danger to your well from crepe myrtles
- willcoppersufatepentahydrate kill crepemyrtle rootsystems
- will crepe myrtle roots grow into water lines?
- will crepe myrtle roots affect septic tanks
- will crape myrtles roots grow into septic lines