Question Asked by : Do I need to worry about planting a crape myrtle tree too close to septic system, because of roots?
I know some trees you need to worry about the root system growing into drain fields. I’m not sure if a crape myrtle is 1 of those type of trees. Need to know how large the root system gets.
Answer by fluffernut
You are pretty safe. You have to watch the larger trees such as willows. Crape myrtle is not a large tree.
Another concern is if you have a water softener. The salt discharge is hard on plants that enter the leach field. I’m assuming you are talking about the field, not the septic tank. Generally avoid trees, large shrubs or parking cars or other heavy stuff on the septic tank.
Answer by meanolmaw
what kind of crape myrtle?…. not that I’d ever let one get that close to my drain field…. but…if you have miniatures, the best they can do is about four ft…… but if you have a tree type, like the Natchez, you’re looking at a twenty ft tree and those roots will TRAVEL!!…. all the septic websites tell you, “nothing but grass over a drain field..”… and on the edges of the field, you should avoid those large plants with big root systems… small shallow roots, like with some shrubs might be okay, but trees are notorious for causing problems down the line as they mature….
Answer by Nadja
You can try here for more info with that.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- crape myrtle root system
- crepe myrtle trees and gas lines
- crepe myrtle root problems
- how close can you plant a crapmyrtle tree to spectictank
- how close to the hause can i plante a crepe myrtle
- how far queen crape myrtle from drainfield
- are crape myrtle roots invasive to septic systems
- is it alright to plant crater myrtle in front of the house?
- my septic drainage field has a 5 foot ofset can i plant there
- problem with crepe myrtle roots
- will crape myrtle roots interfer with leach fields
- WILL CREPE MYRTLE ROOTS AFFECT SEPTIC LINES
- how close can i plant a bush to my septic tank
- home problems crepe myrtle trees roots
- crepe myrtles cause septic issues
- are crepe myrtle roots invasive for plumbing
- are crepe myrtles septic safe
- can i leave a big crepe myrtle plant in a pot over winter
- can you plant crepe myrtles over septic
- crape myertle 12 from drain pipe