Question Asked by Stephanie M: how do fix the leach lines from septic system?
smelly water is backing up in my showers when i wash dishes,or run the washing machine. ithink its the leach lines. any ideas on how to fix them without digging them out and cheaper then $ 2,500 the plumber quoted.
Answer by zacaronius
Have you had your septic tank pumped recently? If not I would definitely start there. They need to be pumped every couple years.. Have the guy pumping it give an inspection.. Cost: couple hundred bucks.
Answer by joe b
I would go with pumping the tank. Also some folks can flush out your leach lines. They can also tell you if you have any other problems. If you need to dig up your lines you could do it yourself. Your local library will have info on hoe to do it and local ordinances. Good luck.
Answer by cowboydoc
Pump the septic tank first, the guy should be able to give you an idea what’s going on, then go from there. Check with the court house, make sure he knows your checking licenses etc so you don’t get screwed. You could end up spending upwards of ten fifteen thousand if you have to replace everything from the tank out. It can get scary and turn one into a drinker.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- septic leach lines
- leach line problems
- leach lines
- Septic Line Problems
- leach line systems
- leach lines for sale
- Septic Leach Lines Not Working
- septic tank leach lines
- how much does it cost to get your Leach lines fixed
- How to Fix Leach Lines
- septic tank leach lines stopped up
- leach line
- how do you know if your leach lines are not working right
- leach lines for septic tank
- repair leach line on septic tank
- leach line management
- leach line on a septictank
- opening leach lines
- on a 1000 gallon septic system how long do the leach lines have to be
- need help to fix septic system built in1970