Question Asked by : How thick is a concrete septic tank wall?
How thick is a 30 year old concrete septic tank wall? I need to cut a 4″ hole in the side to ad a new inlet sewer line. I have learned I can buy a 4″ concrete hole saw to do this but can I get one long enough to go maybe 3″ into the wall if it’s that thick?
Answer by Rick
it is 3-4 inches thick, and you will need to rent a core driller to do it or hire a cement cutting and drilling company to do it. It wont cost that much for 1 hole.
however a much easier and cheaper solution is to dig up the current inlet pipe just outside the tank, cut the pipe and install a Tee fitting to conect your new inlet too.
What do you think? Answer below!
Incoming Search Terms:
- add new hole in side of tank septic
- septic tank wall thickness
- how to enlarge a hole in concrete septic tank
- how thick is a precast cistern
- how thick is a concrete septic tank
- how thick are spetic tank walls
- do septic tank walls erode
- concrete septic tank thickness
- cistern concrete walls
- wall thickness concrete cistern