Question Asked by : How thick is a concrete septic tank wall?
How thick is a 30 year old concrete septic tank wall? I need to cut a 4″ hole in the side to ad a new inlet sewer line. I have learned I can buy a 4″ concrete hole saw to do this but can I get one long enough to go maybe 3″ into the wall if it’s that thick?
Answer by Rick
it is 3-4 inches thick, and you will need to rent a core driller to do it or hire a cement cutting and drilling company to do it. It wont cost that much for 1 hole.
however a much easier and cheaper solution is to dig up the current inlet pipe just outside the tank, cut the pipe and install a Tee fitting to conect your new inlet too.
What do you think? Answer below!
Incoming Search Terms:
- how thick is a septic tank wall
- drill hole in concrete septic tank
- septic tank wall thickness
- how to drill a hole in the side of a septic tank
- how to drill a hole in septic tank
- how to cut a hole in a cement tank
- how thick are most concrete septic tanks?
- how many inches thick is a chimley wall
- how many inches is a pipe to septic tanks
- thickness of holding tank concrete wall