Question Asked by Hillbilly: If you own a home with a septic system on it, should you put one packet of yeast down the toilet once a year ?
A wise old man told me today that I should put one packet of yeast and flush it down my toilet once a year to help the septic system. Is this true ?
Answer by CatLover
Have lived in homes with septics for over 35 years and never heard of that one…
Check this out…http://septictankcare.net/adding-yeast-septic-tank-systems/
Answer by sonriel
yes, yeast breaks down solids
Answer by makes_us_smile
No yeast! Do not pour grease or any other fatty substances in the sink. They will shorten the life of your septic.
Answer by Laura
A few months ago I had my septic tank pumped and the guy told me to flush one of those small packets of yeast down the toilet about every 3-4 months. It helps to clean the solid waste in your septic tank, so u wont have to have it pumped as often . yes it literally eats the sh..!
Answer by Bingabells
There is a special treatment for septic tanks.It can be found in the cleaning goods aisle in the supermarket with drain cleaners,caustic products etc. The product we have here in Australia is called Actizyme & I’m sure you will find a similar one in your country.Never heard of yeast treatment & having lived on rural properties with septic systems for the past 40 years or more I’ve tried it all.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- How to Put Yeast in Septic Tank
- flushing yeast down the toilet
- putting yeast in toilet
- what should be put in the toilet once per month
- what can i put in toilet to help it flush when i have septic
- what to put in comodes to help septic tank
- what can i flush down the toliet to help dry up my leach feild
- shoukd i flush yeast into my septic system
- putting yeast in toilets
- can i put yeast in my toliet
- putting yeast down your toilet
- puttin yeast in your toilet
- putin yeast in your toilet
- how much yeast do i flush down the toi
- how much bakers yeast should i put in my septic tank once a month
- can you flush a toilet that hasnt been flushed in years
- what to put in toilet to help with septic