If You Own a Home with a Septic System on It, Should You Put One Packet of Yeast Down the Toilet Once a Year ?
Question Asked by Hillbilly: If you own a home with a septic system on it, should you put one packet of yeast down the toilet once a year ?
A wise old man told me today that I should put one packet of yeast and flush it down my toilet once a year to help the septic system. Is this true ?
Answer by CatLover
Have lived in homes with septics for over 35 years and never heard of that one…
Check this out…http://septictankcare.net/adding-yeast-septic-tank-systems/
Answer by sonriel
yes, yeast breaks down solids
Answer by makes_us_smile
No yeast! Do not pour grease or any other fatty substances in the sink. They will shorten the life of your septic.
Answer by Laura
A few months ago I had my septic tank pumped and the guy told me to flush one of those small packets of yeast down the toilet about every 3-4 months. It helps to clean the solid waste in your septic tank, so u wont have to have it pumped as often . yes it literally eats the sh..!
Answer by Bingabells
There is a special treatment for septic tanks.It can be found in the cleaning goods aisle in the supermarket with drain cleaners,caustic products etc. The product we have here in Australia is called Actizyme & I’m sure you will find a similar one in your country.Never heard of yeast treatment & having lived on rural properties with septic systems for the past 40 years or more I’ve tried it all.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- How to Put Yeast in Septic Tank
- yeast packets for septic
- flush yeast down toilet
- YEAST DOWN SINK
- septic system hasnt been used years
- should you pour yeast in toilet
- should you put yeast in your septic tank
- shower and toilet problem should i put yeast in my septic tank
- what can i pour should i put yeast in my septic tank smells
- yeast in the toilet
- what can you put down your toilet to help keep your septic clear
- what will if u flush yeast down a toilet
- putting yeast in toilet
- Putting yeast in a toilet
- putting yeast down sink
- can u put ueast in my toilet
- do you have to empty septic tank if you put yeast down monthly
- how many packets of YEAST down toilet for septic system cleanse?
- how much yeast should be flushed down toilet
- pack of yeast down best toilet for septic tanks