Question Asked by randn2000: Is it a house tenant’s responsibility to pump the septic tank?
We have leased a house for 2 1/2 years and recently the landlord suggested we get the septic tank pumped (on our own dime). I don’t want to be unreasonable, but that seems more like the home-owner’s responsibility; what is your opinion? Thanks.
Answer by josh
its the owners of the house job to get anything fixed on there dime ask anybody
Answer by Spam
If there is no problem with it I don’t see the need for you to pump it.
If you have not been careful and have put things down that would make it overflow then yes you should pay for the pumping
Answer by fifieldrichard
that depends on how your contract is made out, if you are responsible for all up keep in yard and utility’s yes, but if just for utility’s no.
Answer by Jim W
I think it’s the property owners responsibility, Ask an attorney for their opinion, if the owner does not want to do it and you do have it done and billed to the owner, be prepared for problems, a rent increase or lease termination. Maybe you could have it done with a lease freeze for 2 more years and a cap on any future lease raises. for the next 5 years.
Answer by Karen L
Unless it was written into your rental agreement that you’re responsible for it, it’s the landlord’s responsibility. If no written agreement was made, the landlord should pay. You might check with whatever authority deals with landlord/tenant stuff where you live in case there’s a rule about it.
Answer by Rick J
I am a landlord. I would never expect my tenant to do this. Your landlord is responsible for it. It probably don’t even need to be pumped. People get them pumped way more than needed. I would ignore him or tell him to pack sand.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- is it a renter\s responsibility to have a septic tank pumped in massachusetts?
- are tenets responceable for septic system
- renters rights septic tank
- nj septic cleaning responsibility landlord or tenant
- maine tenant rights - septic systems
- is renter or landlord responsible for septic pumping in CA
- is it the renters responsiblity to have septic pumped?
- is a septic system a renter or landlords responsibiltt
- hawaii commercial lease laws and septic
- do tenants have to maintain the septic tank in CA
- articles on septic tanks tenants rights
- SEPTIC TANK/RENTERS RESPOSABITY