Question Asked by Gep H: Is it safe to dump RV waste into a home septic system?
I have two inspection pipes in my yard, one that is about 6 inches in diameter and the one closer to the leach field is 4 inches in diameter. I also have two small clean out pipes near the house. If I dump, which pipe should I dump into, or would dumping overload my septic system?
Answer by NMexican
As to which clean out to dump in, it really should not matter. I would use one of the larger ones, for convenience. Depending on what is in the RV holding tank, it should not be a problem to dump into the septic tank provided you are not at margin, now. Make sure not a lot of bleach or ethylene glycol(car antifreeze) in the load. A 1000 gallon septic tank is good for about 10-12 people (+ -). Kind regards!……….
Answer by Larry G
Stress-reduction is the name of the game. I would use the 6 inch pipe and dump the black water tank first followed by the gray water tank. Hopefully you use some black water chemicals to promote the decomposing of the waste.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- converting your septic into a dump for your rv
- dumping rv tanks into home septic system
- how to make a dump station for home septic system
- how to make an rv dump station in your septic tank
- is damprid ok to dump in septic tanks
- is it bad to have all 3 rv waste system dump into 1 valve