Question Asked by surelycoolgirl: What causes your water to be dirty after a big rain?
We have a well and septic tank and after a big rain, it makes the water look dirty for a couple of days afterward. Does anyone know why this could be? It hasn’t always done it and we have had our septic pumped off about two years ago and it’s only three of us living in the house.
We have really rich, nice soil. Not red mud or clay. No new construction and the house is about 50 years old.
Answer by tewarienormy
Your septic tank is leaking.
Answer by danehotmail
Rain water could be getting in your tank!….
Answer by Bella
It,s just where the water at the bottom of the tank get,s stirred up due to the rainfall.
Answer by aussie
Your well is not deep enought
Add your own answer in the comments!
Incoming Search Terms:
- rain septic overflow
- dirty well water after heavy rain
- cest pool back up after heavy rain
- too much rain for septic tank
- septic tank full of water reasons
- My Well Water is Dirty
- issues with well water after rain
- is the rain water dirty
- heavy rain overflow septic
- Gurgling Toilet Septic Tank lots of rain
- dirty well water in spring
- dirty well water
- dirty well after rain
- dirty water in pipes after a heavy rain
- could dirt get into pipes after rain ti cause water muddy in house
- well testing after heavy rain